My husband Eric and I eat dinner together to spend some quality time together. This cheesy soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good.—Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add broccoli. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheddar Soup in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p16
Reviews for Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review