- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces vermicelli or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bean sprouts, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the vermicelli, broccoli, soy sauce, oyster sauce if desired and ginger; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Lo Mein
Sort By :
"This was very good and quite easy to prepare. Tired of the same old Orange Chicken and basic stir fry so I was really pleased with this recipe. I didn't find oyster sauce at the market I shop so used Hoisin sauce instead and it came out great! Wonderful flavor."
"This was soooo amazing no kidding...i literally couldn't believe how good this was, and was super easy to make! Not to mention, you don't have to spend an arm and a leg either at the grocery store or at a restaurant! This will be a new staple in my house!!"
"This was so good it tastes just like what you get in the restaurant!!!"
"was very good no leftovers"
"My family loves this recipe. It taste better then the restaurant with much less sodium. Easy on the budget. Like the above reader I add more broccoli. Kathy"