My family loves pasta, but I'm always looking for different ways to prepare it. This dish is better than any Chinese restaurant variety I've tried.—Joan Crandall, Burlington, Connecticut
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces vermicelli or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bean sprouts, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the vermicelli, broccoli, soy sauce, oyster sauce if desired and ginger; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Beef Lo Mein in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p238
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Lo Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review