- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, lemon juice and lemon peel. Combine the sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add to berries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Pie(4)
Sort By :
Very good recipe for blueberry pie!
This made a very tasty pie. I would suggest brushing the crust with milk or melted butter before baking. Also, I needed to bake it 15 minutes longer so the crust browned. Not sure if using fresh blueberrries made a difference in the baking time.
will try it
Very good blueberry pie recipe.. My husband thinks its the best I've made.