- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, lemon juice and lemon peel. Combine the sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add to berries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Pie
Sort By :
"I prefer fruit pies that aren't too sweet. This sweet level of this pie was perfect. Loved every bite. The lemon really adds something."
"Very good recipe for blueberry pie!"
"This made a very tasty pie. I would suggest brushing the crust with milk or melted butter before baking. Also, I needed to bake it 15 minutes longer so the crust browned. Not sure if using fresh blueberrries made a difference in the baking time."
"will try it"
"Very good blueberry pie recipe.. My husband thinks its the best I've made."