Try serving the spicy fillets with garlic mashed potatoes, hot, crusty bread and a crisp salad to lure in your crew. This is what my family eats when we want to celebrate. —Brenda Williams, Santa Maria, California
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add fillets, two at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook fillets in butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blackened Halibut in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blackened Halibut
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review