- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cubed avocado and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours. If desired, top with avocado and green onions. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Black Bean 'n' Pumpkin Chili
Sort By :
"This is a simple and good tasting chili!"
"Really good, tastes like a southwestern chili, will make again!"
"I made as directed, it was WONDERFUL. Very easy, as there wasn't much chopping to do. A very hearty chili & the avocado & green onion topper was perfect. Thanks for yet another very good recipe from Taste of Home."
"Very good and healthy! I make this often and it freezes well! I have also used browned ground turkey and it is a good substitution."
"Delicious, quick and easy! I didn't make any changes to the recipe. My husband and I loved this. It was perfect for lunch on a chilly day."