I tried an omelet that contained brie, bacon and apples and thought it would be tasty as a breakfast panini—so I created this recipe! —Kathy Harding, Richmond, Missouri
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 slices sourdough bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Place eggs on two slices of bread; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with cheese, apple, bacon, spinach and remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bistro Breakfast Panini in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p45
Reviews for Bistro Breakfast Panini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review