- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups pureed unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine eggs and milk; stir in sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 14 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallows until melted.
- Set saucepan in ice and stir the mixture for 5-10 minutes or until cool. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to freeze, pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Best Strawberry Ice Cream(2)
Sort By :
Great flavor. I did have a little trouble getting the mini marshmallows to melt down. I finally used a whisk and that broke them down so they would blend smoothly.
used marshmallow creme isnstead its amazing
More Recipe Collections
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >