I received this recipe years ago from a co-worker. Today, my family and I really enjoy this dessert. It's nice for any occasion.
- 3 to 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place rhubarb in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, milk, butter, baking powder, salt and vanilla (mixture will be stiff). Spread over rhubarb. For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle over dough. Pour water over all; do not stir. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until pudding tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Pudding Cake in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p89
Reviews for Best Rhubarb Pudding Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review