- 3 to 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place rhubarb in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, milk, butter, baking powder, salt and vanilla (mixture will be stiff). Spread over rhubarb. For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle over dough. Pour water over all; do not stir. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until pudding tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Best Rhubarb Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"definitely needs 4 cups of rhubarb....i substituted splenda for half the sugar in the dough and topping....cake was moist...might use 9x9 the next time, as my 8x8 overflowed slightly..."
"My whole family loves this recipe. I have made it for the last 3 years several times in the spring. Very yummy."
"This pudding cake is wonderful. I took it to a potluck and did not bring any home. Several people have asked for the recipe. The only thing I would do different is make a little less of the cake mixture so there is more pudding to go on the cake."