Best Homemade Chili Recipe
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- Crushed dried red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces, one 29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown beef with onions until the beef is brown and the onions are tender; drain. Stir in spices and tomato sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Combine flour and vinegar; stir into chili. Simmer another 15 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Best Homemade Chili(2)
Sort By :
Made this today...chili weather. Omited the red pepper flakes and added 2 tsp of chipolte pepper powder and a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes. Since we like beans I added some pintos I cooked earlier. Great chili recipe. Wish it would let me pin it. Says url not valid for saving.
LOVED this recipe! My husband surprised me and decided to make dinner, but he is not a fan of beans. So he found this. He added some green bell peppers and corn. INCREDIBLE! I am going to be making it for a family get together this week and we just had it two weeks ago. So yummy! Thanks!