- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 30 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/2 pounds), stems removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in bread crumbs, basil and parsley.
- Meanwhile, place mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Brush with butter. Spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Best-Ever Stuffed Mushrooms
"They were good but maybe missing something and I just put my finger on what. If I do decide to make these again I will try adding some white wine like others have suggested."
"Definitely won't make these again. There are so many better stuffed mushroom recipes out there. They were very dry and not very flavorful."
"Wish I'd read the reviews; I love the idea of adding white wine! We don't like mushrooms, but I added a small can of finely diced mushrooms, baked it in an oven-safe serving dish, and served with baguette slices."
"I made these but used feta cheese instead of cream cheese. No bread crumbs. TASTY"
"Delicious and easy. I prepared these yesterday to serve today on Thanksgiving. Everyone really enjoyed them. I took the advice of the other reviewers and added some chopped red pepper and I soaked the bread crumbs in 1/4 cup of white wine before adding it to the pork and cheese mixture. I will definitely be making these again."
"I love, Love, LOVE these! I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms but these were loaded with stuffing and the flavors were perfect. I loved the cream cheese taste with the basil flavor. The only thing I might add next time is some chopped red bell peppers."
"Made these for appetizers last evening. So easy! Everyone loved them!"
"Delicious recipe!! Everyone loved it. Making it again today. I did not use sausage but added wine as suggested in one of the reviews. This is definitely a keeper. Also delicious when cold."
"I made these for Christmas Eve and another party. I made the sausage mixture ahead of time and kept it refrigerated. They were certainly hit! Delicious and something different than what I usually see at parties."