- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Chill.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and eggs in a bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. For topping, combine the sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla in a small bowl; spread over cheesecake. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Best-Ever Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I made this cheesecake last night and had it for breakfast lol. It was very good. But it was a little to thin/flat would i just double the recipe and cook a little longer for a thicker cheesecake?"
"Delicious! Truly simple and simply the best!"
"I love the simplicity of this cheesecake....only four ingredients in the filling! This is what I think of when I imagine cheesecake, as it reminds me of what my mom used to make. I think I'd like it even better without the crust.....I know I've seen recipes for crust-less cheesecake, but don't know if that would work in this recipe. The crust is a little too sweet for me, and I actually just eat the filling and topping. I also like the fact that this doesn't make a great big cake, and only requires a nine inch pie pan."
"We loved this!"
"The best cheesecake, by far!"