- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Chill.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and eggs in a bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. For topping, combine the sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla in a small bowl; spread over cheesecake. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Best-Ever Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Delicious! Truly simple and simply the best!"
"I love the simplicity of this cheesecake....only four ingredients in the filling! This is what I think of when I imagine cheesecake, as it reminds me of what my mom used to make. I think I'd like it even better without the crust.....I know I've seen recipes for crust-less cheesecake, but don't know if that would work in this recipe. The crust is a little too sweet for me, and I actually just eat the filling and topping. I also like the fact that this doesn't make a great big cake, and only requires a nine inch pie pan."
"We loved this!"
"The best cheesecake, by far!"
"This really is the Best Ever! The Best. Easy to prepare and top notch taste. Love love love it."