Beet Cake Recipe
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pureed cooked beets
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and 1/4 cup butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream the remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate mixture, beets and vanilla.
- Beat into creamed mixture (mixture will appear separated). Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Beet Cake
Sort By :
"Surprisingly good, fluffy and moist. There is a faint beet taste, which I wasn't expecting. I was thinking it was more like desserts that use zucchini which adds moisture but not the vegetable flavor. It served it's purpose to get rid of extra beets I had."
"Great way to use extra beets! Delicious, moist cake, not too much beet flavor while eating, but there is a beet aftertaste."
"I'm curious if canned/jarred beets would work just as well??"
"Even my kids happily eat beets when prepared this way! Very moist and delicious."