- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle brisket with pepper and salt. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, brown meat in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onions until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return brisket to the pan. Add the broth, barbecue sauce, thyme and chipotle peppers. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream, sour cream, vinegar, horseradish and salt until thickened. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter. Skim fat from cooking juices; discard thyme sprigs. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with cooking juices and horseradish cream. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/4 cups horseradish cream).
Originally published as BBQ Beef Brisket with Horseradish Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p58
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for BBQ Beef Brisket with Horseradish Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review