- 2 cups beef broth
- 2-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the pasta and vegetables are tender. Stir in the turkey and parsley; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Basil Turkey Soup
"I wasn't quite sure about using beef broth in a poultry soup, but it actually tasted good. It was plenty salty enough, even though I used low sodium broth. I ended up pouring in a couple extra cups of broth to make it more "soupy". I scaled back on the pepper to a half-teaspoon, and that was fine for me. My husband, on the other hand, added tobasco sauce to his own bowl to give it more kick. To each his own!"