Basil Turkey Soup Recipe
After a busy day of Christmas shopping, it's easy to put together this soup with leftover turkey and frozen vegetables. It tastes like it simmered all day!
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the pasta and vegetables are tender. Stir in the turkey and parsley; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Basil Turkey Soup in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p11
Reviews for Basil Turkey Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
I was looking for a soup recipe to use up my leftover turkey, and something that didn't require me running to the store. All the ingredients to this were in my pantry. It had a great flavor and was so simple to make!