"As a busy home health nurse, I'm committed to preparing meals that are quick and nutritious," shares Susan Houser of Anchorage, Alaska. "I came up with this rich and creamy sauce that is lower in fat than traditional white sauce. Dinner guests never believe it is made with fat-free milk."
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Hot cooked spaghetti or linguine
- In a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended (mixture will be thick). Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in Parmesan cheese and basil until cheese is melted. Serve over pasta. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Basil Parmesan Pasta Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p8
Reviews for Basil Parmesan Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review