You'll love the banana flavor throughout this moist, fudgy cake and fluffy frosting from Jan Gregory of Bethel, Ohio. "This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. It's a favorite at family gatherings," Jan reports.
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions, omitting 1/4 cup of the water. Beat on low speed until moistened. Add banana; beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, add butter and water. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted; stir until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add the butter mixture, banana and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining sugar until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost the cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Banana Fudge Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p14
Reviews for Banana Fudge Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review