- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions, omitting 1/4 cup of the water. Beat on low speed until moistened. Add banana; beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, add butter and water. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted; stir until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add the butter mixture, banana and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining sugar until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost the cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Banana Fudge Cake
Sort By :
I don't give this cake any stars, I am a scratch baker, don't know what came over me to try this, it taste's nothing like homemade, their is a difference, the frosting is Waaaaaay to sweet, and I put way more confection. sugar than suggested, I am going to put this cake down the disposal, I will stick with what I know to be delish. I have had many delicious recipe's from this site, this is not one of them. AND, it looks nothing like the picture. If anyone wants to try it, you go ahead, I want to read your review.
It tastes so good and the banana makes it moist and I was impressed and so will my family. Thanks for sharing, Jan. Dot Shaw in Tilton, N.H. where today is cloudy and cool.
The combination of chocolate and banana was a big hit with my co-workers. It was really moist. This will be added to my favorites.
I omitted the oil, as georgeff did, thinking I would shave off some of the fat per serving. My results were not as good, unfortunately. Next time I will follow the original recipe as tested, because they always turn out right that way. The flavor of the cake is delicious, but the texture is very spongy and strange.
This is so-o-o good!!