Here's a recipe that will bring back memories of your childhood. This cake tastes just like the banana flips we used to eat when we were kids.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana or vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Line two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans with waxed paper and grease the paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Spread batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers come out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely. Gently peel off waxed paper.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cover and cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add milk mixture; beat on high for 10-15 minutes or until fluffy.
- Place one cake on a large cutting board; spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Banana Flip Cake in Taste of Home Cake Mix RTL 2014 2014, p38
Reviews for Banana Flip Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review