- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the first three topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Crumb Muffins
"The topping is what makes these banana muffins stand out. The only thing I did differently with the recipe was push the crumb topping slightly into the batter. These are delicious!"
"These are wonderful banana muffins! I followed the ingredients and instructions exactly. Baked them as indicated at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and they came out perfectly. They were moist, had great banana flavor and we loved the crumb topping. This recipe will be my go-to banana muffin recipe from now on!"
"Easy and delicious!!! Waiting for them to come out of the oven right now!"
"Excellent topping! Made 11 muffins with the blue scoop. I baked them at 350 for 17 minutes. I reduced the sugar to between 1/2 cup and 2/3 cup. I added nuts. This is a keeper!"
"These muffins turned out great and I made everything according to the directions. I did a tsp of cinnamon and vanilla extract for some added flavour. This recipe is definitely a keeper."
"What a light muffin! A flavorful light cupcake-like muffin topped with delicious crumble. This simple recipe delivered on a great crumb top. They looked pretty and kept nice for a few days. Great for a mid-morning snack. Made according to directions, using paper-lined cupcake wrappers. Tasty treat!"
"I have used this recipe for over 15 years as a go to for my over ripe bananas. They are delicious! I triple the cinnamon because my hubby loves cinnamon."
"Made these for a camping weekend with friends ,they did not last long. People of all ages love these muffins. Thanks for sharing these recipes."
"I've prepared these muffins a # of times before & I have adjusted the recipe as follows: I'd used 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas! I'd gotten 1-1/2 dozen of these muffins! Thank you, Wendy Masters, for sharing this recipe! These muffins are delicious! delowenstein"
"I have made this recipe before & these muffins were delicious!"