- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the first three topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Crumb Muffins
Sort By :
"I have used this recipe for over 15 years as a go to for my over ripe bananas. They are delicious! I triple the cinnamon because my hubby loves cinnamon."
"Made these for a camping weekend with friends ,they did not last long. People of all ages love these muffins. Thanks for sharing these recipes."
"I've prepared these muffins a # of times before & I have adjusted the recipe as follows: I'd used 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas! I'd gotten 1-1/2 dozen of these muffins! Thank you, Wendy Masters, for sharing this recipe! These muffins are delicious! delowenstein"
"I have made this recipe before & these muffins were delicious!"
"My Wife and I loved these muffins. They where very moist and flavorful"