- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Very easy to make and delicious."
"I love these they are one of my favorite cookies now. ??"
"I used Cadbury milk chocolate chips, which only come in 200g packaging, so a little less than 1 cup, and I didn't bother with baking soda and baking powder, instead just using self-raising flour, and they were phenomenal.I sent them off with my boyfriend to his workplace and the boys devoured them!"
"Your banana lovers will eat these up! Easy and quick to pull together. My kids love them so much I also make them into mini-muffins. Use the cookie scoop and put the dough into greased mini muffin tins. Bake them the same as cookie directions. They pop out easy and ready to go. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I love recipes that use classic ingredients and our well loved."
"Absolutely phenomenal! They are so light and pillowy, I think they would make wonderful whoopie pies! The only thing I did different was using half a cup of mini chocolate chips, and it was more than enough."