- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"we loved these cookies only thing that I did not like was that the moisture the cookies has made me to worried to keep them in a bag outside the fridge. I felt I had to keep them in the fridge to keep from going bad and sticking to eachother."
"I just baked these. I was surprised that it came out super soft, like a cake or muffin. I guess I've never had cookies this soft. I loved them, but my husband did not care for them. He likes hard cookies. Next time I will use 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips instead of 1 cup. The 1 cup of chocolate chips made it very overpowering. I may even try to use banana extract instead of vanilla to give it an extra banana flavor. You don't taste the banana flavor, but there is a slight banana aroma. Also I think these would work better as mini muffins instead of cookies. Everything about it just screams muffin, not cookie."
"super good and super easy! i added some cinnamon but to be honest I can't even tell. Texture is cakey, which goes well with the banana flavor. Will definitely make again!"
"Good cookies but I probably won't make again. We prefer a more traditional chewy, crispy cookie. They were a snap to make but I only got 27 cookies. The flavor is outstanding but the texture is cake."
"Yum! I used shortening instead of butter and replaced 1/3 of the white sugar with brown (Ran out of white). They were great."