This light-as-air chocolate cake from our Test Kitchen has a yummy banana flavor. It’s scrumptious as is, but you can also dress it up with nuts or light frostings.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar substitute and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, dry milk powder, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in bananas.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and edges of cake are just starting to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Banana Chocolate Cake in Light & Tasty October 2005, p64
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review