Simple to prepare but full of flavor, these tuna steaks have a slight sweetness, thanks to the delicious balsamic glaze. Ready in minutes, they're perfect for hectic days. —Laura McDowell Lake Villa, Illinois
- 4 tuna steaks (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Sprinkle tuna with pepper and salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic-Glazed Tuna Steaks in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p60
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Balsamic-Glazed Tuna Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review