- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Place 1/3 cup salmon mixture into eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Salmon Cakes
Sort By :
"Had excellent results. Based on other reviews re being dry, reduced bread crumbs to 1-1/4 c and added one more Tbsp. of mayo. Used 2 eggs in place of substitute and 2 T parsley for cilantro. Loved sauce but works out to only about 1 tsp. per muffin--I doubled for 4 servings."
"I make mine very similar to these with a few changes---I add a small baked potato fluffed up and if I don't have seasoned bread crumbs I add crushed Ritz crackers, small amount of lemon juice, and sauteed onions. Some of reviews said they were dry---I spray my pan with Pam and also spray the patties, bake and then flip and spray again. Everyone loves them. We enjoy eating ours with ketsup spiced with hot sauce and garlic powder."
"These were good! I added salt and pepper, and used regular onions since I didn't have green ones on hand. The red pepper added color. I also didn't use cilantro because I hate that stuff. :)"
"Very good recipe.I liked it and will make again."
"I haven't made these yet, but I intend to. Question: why do people put cilantro in EVERYTHING? Just askin'."