Baked Salmon Cakes Recipe
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Place 1/3 cup salmon mixture into eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Salmon Cakes(27)
Sort By :
These are delicious
I also used 2 eggs when I made these; however, I will cut down on the amount of bread crumbs next time I make them. I found them too dry. Otherwise, they were very good.
I did not like this recipe at all. Made according to recipe, threw the leftovers out. Sauce was nice. Recipe was quite involved to make.
So good! Hubby and I both loved this. The cakes are so flavorful by themselves, but the sauce really adds a nice flavor with the capers. He kept going back for more. Love that they're baked instead of fried. Next time I'll use my chopper to speed things up. I used 2 eggs instead of substitute. Would be a great appetizer in mini muffin size. Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >