- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Place 1/3 cup salmon mixture into eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Salmon Cakes
"I loved the baked method. It's so much easier and healthier than frying, yet the cakes were still perfectly crispy on the outside."
"Very good. Used 2 eggs."
"Thanks for the info on the egg substitute."
"Can't rate this fairly since I haven't yet tried it. But thanks to lorrettaJ for stating that she used 2 eggs rather than egg substitute; otherwise, I would have passed this recipe by. It's much more helpful - and attractive to try - in my opinion, if contributors would state amounts that are equal to the substitute when they've substituted something. Thanks much, "lorrettaJ"!"
"This was delicious! My salmon-hater husband loved it. I didn't have fresh red pepper so I substituted jarred roasted red peppers. As many others said, I will double the sauce next time. This one is a keeper!"