Baked Salmon Cakes Recipe
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Place 1/3 cup salmon mixture into eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Salmon Cakes
Sort By :
"I've done many recipes from TOH and this is one of the best, thanks Nikki."
"I've done many recipes from TOH and this is one of the best, thanks."
"Great idea! I doubled the recipe, and made it gluten free by adding about a cup of almond meal and 1/4 cup coconut flour. I also processed the veggies in a food processor, and added mushrooms ( I had a few from the fridge needing a home) and it was great! Thanks!"
"It is the best I have ever tasted"
"I am a Maritimer and love salmon. These turned out great , fairly easy to make, don't overcook them they will be dry. You can use just about any sauce with this recipe. Will be making these again. They freeze very well if you double the batch."