Baked in muffin pans and served with sauce on the side, these cute cakes make a fantastic light meal. You can also bake a double batch and freeze some for a quick, healthy supper later in the month. —Nikki Haddad, Germantown, Maryland
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Place 1/3 cup salmon mixture into eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Salmon Cakes in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Salmon Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review