Baked Salmon Cakes Recipe
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Place 1/3 cup salmon mixture into eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Salmon Cakes(24)
Sort By :
I did not like this recipe at all. Made according to recipe, threw the leftovers out. Sauce was nice. Recipe was quite involved to make.
So good! Hubby and I both loved this. The cakes are so flavorful by themselves, but the sauce really adds a nice flavor with the capers. He kept going back for more. Love that they're baked instead of fried. Next time I'll use my chopper to speed things up. I used 2 eggs instead of substitute. Would be a great appetizer in mini muffin size. Thanks for sharing!
These were moist & delicious, used white bread & real eggs. Run a knife around them and they pop right out of the tin. Would be nice on a brioche bun with accoutrements, also smoked in mini muffin pans for appetizers. Don't forget the sauce, it's nice and the cakes need that creamy, briny, lemony zing. I can see how these would also work with tuna. Couldn't taste the Tabasco & I had doubled it. Needs some hot sauce on the side. I doubled the recipe so we could have leftovers, once the chopping was done it came together quickly.
I made a double batch today for a light dinner for family and some friends and everyone loved them! I love salmon, and this recipe is so easy to put together. Another plus is that the patties are baked, not fried, which is healthier and simpler. Thank you, Nikki, for a real keeper!
I loved this! I doubled the recipe and froze (8) I didn't have red pepper and ground up broccoli, cauliflower & carrot to make a cup full. Used 1 med. regular onion. I used Italian boxed bread crumbs and I only put in a cup. The salmon was moist not runny when I put them in the muffin pan, turned out great! Oh I used 2 eggs instead of egg substitute.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >