Baked Salmon Cakes Recipe
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Place 1/3 cup salmon mixture into eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Salmon Cakes
Sort By :
"I love this recipe!!!! I've made it several times. This last time I switched things up a little to try and save money, so I used canned mackerel instead of salmon and it turned out great. I'm a mother of 4, 14yr & 11 old boys and twin 2 yr olds. So saving money is a must. I also bought a bottle of lemon butter dill sauce at Walmart in the seafood isle added a little mayo, heated it up and it was amazing!!! I did have to double the cook time though. Maybe I just packed it in to much but I have found that if you pack the mixture into the cups a bit more they hold shape better. I have a digital meat themometer and the temp reads about 180 and they are cooked just to our liking, crisp on the outside and firm on the inside not dry at all."
"I've done many recipes from TOH and this is one of the best, thanks Nikki."
"I've done many recipes from TOH and this is one of the best, thanks."
"Great idea! I doubled the recipe, and made it gluten free by adding about a cup of almond meal and 1/4 cup coconut flour. I also processed the veggies in a food processor, and added mushrooms ( I had a few from the fridge needing a home) and it was great! Thanks!"
"It is the best I have ever tasted"