- 1 package (6 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 3 medium unpeeled potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 to 5 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare crust according to package directions. Press dough into a lightly greased 14-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until crust is firm and begins to brown.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes. In a bowl, combine butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Add potatoes and toss. Spread sour cream over crust; top with potato mixture, bacon, onions and cheeses. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Baked Potato Pizza
Sort By :
"Outstanding, followed the recipe exactly except, after baking and cutting potatoes, I fried them in leftover bacon drippings and drained on paper towels before tossing in spices. I loved it! Thank you. I also cooled crust before spreading on sour cream."
"Served it as a breakfast pizza, family and guests loved it. I should have made more than two. (THUMBS UP)"
"I am going to try this and toss the potatoes with bottled alfredo sauce and skip the sour cream, bet it will be just as tasty!"
"This was very good. I made it just as directed. I would only suggest that the pizza crust cool before proceeding with the sour cream etc. Will definitely make this again."
"This is a great recipe that I've been using for a couple of years now. I typically use a refrigerated, prepared crust and instead of all sour cream, I use 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup ranch dressing. Everyone loves it when I make this pizza! Another pizza I make to go alongside it, for pizza parties, is a BBQ pizza. Prepared crust, baked for 10 mins, then spread with a prepared pork bbq (found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store), topped with cheddar cheese and baked. Two crazy, but tasty pizzas!"