Baked Apples on the Grill Recipe
Sweet coconut provides the delicious difference in this fun grilled great from Jodi Rugg of Aurora, Illinois. "Our two children enjoy helping me stuff the yummy filling into the apples," she reports. "It's so easy that sometimes we don't even bother to do the measuring!"
- 4 medium tart apples, cored
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place each apple on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into center of apples. Fold foil over apples and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Apples on the Grill in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p19
Reviews for Baked Apples on the Grill
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2014
"These were very yummy and easy I toasted the coconut a little before I added it to the apples for a little more toasted flavor! Will make again!"
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2011
"These are delicious!!"
Reviewed May. 10, 2010
"A favorite in the summer! YUMMM!"