- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce oven to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms, broccoli and onion in oil until tender. Add spinach; cook until wilted.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables, cheddar cheese and bacon. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 375°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Vegetable Quiche
"I made exactly as recipe was wrote, excellent! Will definitely make again."
"I didn't put all the broccoli or the onion and added more bacon and cheese. But everybody loved it."
"Excellent Quiche. I used goat cheese instead of feta because it's what I had. Worked out great. I made my own crust mixing the flour half wheat. I will definitely make again"
"This quiche was excellent! The flavor combinations were great. My honey very much enjoyed and wanted thirds. The only changes I made to this recipe was not including the broccoli and feta cheese and I substituted Italian mixed shredded cheese for the cheddar. It turned out so good."
"great and versatile with subs. fun quiche1"
"absolutely love this quiche!! great for any meal or occasion. becoming a regular favorite in this household!! very good!!"
"Great recipe. I used basil instead of rosemary just because that's my preference. I do have to admit that I tend to destroy my kitchen every time I make this. It's so good, it's worth it."
"I was able to make this over to a lower fat dish by substituting no-fat evaporated milk and 2 percent shredded cheddar cheese. I also made it into 8 servings instead of 6. It's delicious. Will try it the next time with ham instead of bacon."
"<p>This recipe was a big hit at a recent girls gathering! Changed things up a bit, as I'm not a big rosemary fan. Substituted dry basil and some Italian seasoning. Made 2 - one with cheddar cheese and the other with Italian cheese mix of asiago, Parmesan and mozzarella . Used scallions in place of sweet onions, only because I had extras from another recipe. The bacon, broccoli , mushrooms and spinach made the dish so colorful too. Just finished a leftover piece for my breakfast. Great recipe and has been added to my favorites recipe binder!</p>"