Kids of all ages love pizza and cheeseburgers, and this recipe combines them both. My grandchildren usually request pizza for supper when they visit me. They like to help me assemble this version, and they especially enjoy eating it! —Cherie Ackerman, Lakeland, Minnesota
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 20 dill pickle slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon pizza or Italian seasoning
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with beef mixture, bacon, pickles and cheeses. Sprinkle with pizza seasoning. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review