When I serve these, my husband and kids are often fooled into thinking we're having plain meatballs until they cut into the flavorful filling inside! —Cathy Lendvoy, Boharm, Saskatchewan
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine egg and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 36 portions; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the flour and milk until smooth. Add cheese and bacon; mix well.
- Shape cheese mixture into 36 balls. Shape one beef portion around each cheese ball. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Place cracker crumbs in another bowl. Dip meatballs into egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat in oil for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and coating is golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Cheeseburger Balls in Country Woman September/October 1999, p29
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review