- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken
Sort By :
"Bacon and chicken - our favorite ingredients. This was a big hit! I will DEFINITELY make this again."
"Tender and moist chicken."
"This was a hit with my husband and I. The only adjustment I made was to cook for only 15 minutes, since my chicken was thinly cut. Amazing flavor!"
"Fantastic Flavor! The whole family loved it!"
"Owe my gosh this is so amazing. This is one of the best things that I have fixed for dinner in a very long time. I added some onion to the mushrooms while they were caramelizing in the butter sauce and there were just no words for how good this recipe is. I even completely screwed up this recipe the first time I made it and it was still delicious. Coming from a VERY picky eater this is saying a lot because this is only the second recipe that I have given a complete 5 star rating to."