Mushrooms, bacon strips and Monterey Jack cheese top these tender marinated chicken breasts that provide a flavorful dining experience with a just a little fuss. I get compliments whenever I serve them. They're one of my family's favorites. -Melanie Kennedy Battle Ground, Washington
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review