Bacon-Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded Romano cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta and 4 ounces cream cheese until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, Parmesan cheese, bacon, 1 tablespoon parsley, garlic salt, nutmeg, pepper and mushroom mixture. Spoon into shells; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream, broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Romano cheese and the remaining cream cheese, Asiago and parsley.
- Pour over shells. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheese Stuffed Shells(27)
Sort By :
I made this tonight and it was very good.. I added chicken to it. I'm thinking of making it with Hamburger and Bacon next time..
I cut the recipe in half when I cooked this for myself and tried freezing it. When reheated, it tasted just like it did right out of the oven. This worked out well because I had enough stuff to make it three times.
THESE ARE AMAZING!!!!! I just wish someone else would make them!! :) :) My husband LOVES THEM!!!!! If they didn't take so much time to make he'd probably ask me to make them once a week! lol
These were very good and will make them again. I used chopped shrimp and half and half. Next time I'll cut back a little on the bacon in order 2 taste the shrimp more. Love this.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >