- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 unpeeled red apples, cut into bite-size pieces
- FRUIT SAUCE:
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine fruits; set aside. Whisk sauce ingredients until smooth. Gently fold into fruits. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Aunt Marion's Fruit Salad Dessert
"very good will make again - just had oj in bottle so I used that - makes a lot for 2 people but have leftovers for a few days - seem to keep well"
"Made this for elementary kids and they loved it!"
"I added halved green grapes for a bit more color."
"Yummy............ I can't add apples ( my Daughter-in -Law is allergic ) so I add extra of the other fruits. I love the sauce w/the orange flavor."
"We love this recipe as written. Once in a while we'll throw in a handful of coconut for something a little different. This was the 1st salad my kids helped me make when they were little. They thought it was great fun to be the banana "choppers". Definitely a refreshing salad on a hot day or a good old standby for potlucks and picnics."