Asparagus Steak Oscar Recipe
- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, saute crab in butter for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Top with crab mixture, asparagus and bearnaise sauce. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Steak Oscar
Sort By :
This is an excellent recipe. It has become one of my favorites and the flavors are amazing. Instead of boiling my asparagus, however, I spread them out on a foil lined baking sheet, season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, and you will have the most perfectly cooked asparagus ever.
Very simple and tasty.
My son made this for me and and his wife for Mothers Day. It was fabulous! A very delicious gift.
easy recipe to prepare and my husband loved it
I wrapped the tenderloins in bacon and before grilling and used Hollandaise instead of bernaise.
This was definitely a great combination! Keeper recipe.