Combing the classic flavors of sweet and sour, you'll love this simple, quick recipe, from Jane Baker of Lansing, Michigan. The tart, juicy cherries are an excellent addition to this traditional meal
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add the green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp are heated through (do not over cook). Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Shrimp in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p64
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Cherry Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review