- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add the green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp are heated through (do not over cook). Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Cherry Shrimp
Sort By :
This is delicious. It is easy to make and very tasty. It makes just enough for two meals. The left overs the next night were even better than the same day dish. I plan on sharing this recipe with many friends.