- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the contents of one ramen noodle flavoring packet; stir until dissolved. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, vegetables, ginger, noodles and contents of remaining flavoring packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asian Beef and Noodles
"This was a great, super fast 5-ingredient fix. After a few bites, I realized it was missing a little something to put it over the top. I added about 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, and that was it! I didn't have any leftovers."
"Very good! I used beef broth instead of water and after the 3 minute simmer I added the beef back in and continued to simmer until all liquid was absorbed. Will definitely make again."
"I am not a big fan of ramen noodles, but this recipe used them well."
"have made numerous times, with ground beef, ground turkey and chicken strips. I just add some Thai Chili paste for some zip. Excellent"
"Whole family loved! Few changes based on family preferences. Subbed veggie mix with steamed frozen broccoli and some fresh pea pods and mushrooms saut?ed in a little beef broth with some garlic and ginger. Otherwise followed as directed. Thanks for sharing! Definitely will make again."