Artichoke Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl Recipe
- 3 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) rye or pumpernickel bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut a thin slice off the top of bread. Hollow out the bottom half, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread into 1-in. cubes.
- Place cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Place bread shell on an ungreased baking sheet. Spoon dip into bread shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
Sort By :
"I have used both marinated and plain canned artichokes, I prefer the plain, well rinsed too. Also I add chopped water chestnuts for crunch. Any round bread will do well if you don't likepumpernickle."
"Delicious. Use sourdough (for the bowl)!"
"The choice of bread is a tad questionable (I just use a round of French) but there will be NO leftovers. Recommend you make 1.5 or double the recipe and serve on slices of toasted French Baguette slices."
"I make this recipe as well except we are not that fond of pumpernickle bread so i use the whole round of the Hawaiian Bread and its delicious. I have also left out the artichokes and used just the spinich dip.You also do not have to serve this hot as you can make a cold spinich dip which we prefer in the summer months."
"Very good, to lower sodium content try using different cheeses. Parmesan is definitely a problem, also use artichoke hearts in water not the marinated ones. Easy fix."