- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Stir in cheese, artichokes and onion mixture. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Artichoke Quiche
Sort By :
Very tasty! Added 6 pcs of cooked chopped center cut bacon slices and added 2 more eggs for 6 total. Also used 1/2 cup soft bread just torn into pcs. and upped the oregano, pepper and hot sauce to 1/4 t. Yummy! Esp yummy if made the night before and refrigerated overnight and baked in the morning! (the bread gets all gooey in the middle!)
I'm almost a vegan, don't eat meat, but will eat eggs(?) Anyway, I really liked this. It had so much flavor and was consumed quickly! Hope to see more recipes without meat...thanks
This was good and the leftovers the next day were even better. I like that it doesn't have a crust.