- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg yolk and sour cream; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into fourths. On a sugared surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Turn dough over to sugar top side. Combine preserves, coconut and pecans; spread over circles. Cut each circle into 12 wedges and roll each wedge into a crescent shape, starting at the wide end. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place points down 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until set and very lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Apricot Crescents
"Love to give these for gifts at Christmas."
"These are rather easy to make and impossible to resist. The fun does not have to stop with apricot/walnut filling. I've used raspberry jam/coconut, dark chocolate, and fig jam. The only limit is your imagination."
"This is one my all time favorite go to recipes, when I taking cookies to impress"
"I was disappointed"