Apricot Crescents Recipe
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg yolk and sour cream; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into fourths. On a sugared surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Turn dough over to sugar top side. Combine preserves, coconut and pecans; spread over circles. Cut each circle into 12 wedges and roll each wedge into a crescent shape, starting at the wide end. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place points down 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until set and very lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Apricot Crescents
Sort By :
These are rather easy to make and impossible to resist. The fun does not have to stop with apricot/walnut filling. I've used raspberry jam/coconut, dark chocolate, and fig jam. The only limit is your imagination.
This is one my all time favorite go to recipes, when I taking cookies to impress
These cookies are always on my holiday cookie list of favorites, I skip the coconut and used just jam and finley chopped nuts
I was disappointed