A family who usually passes up molded salads will hunt for this fruity version at our covered dish buffet. Not only is it delicious, it adds color to any meal.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) apricot halves
- Pinch salt
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- Drain apricots, reserving 1-1/2 cups juice; set apricots aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring apricot juice and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- In a blender, process apricots, orange juice concentrate and lemon juice until smooth. Add to gelatin mixture along with soda; mix well. Pour into a 6-cup mold that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Chill until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Aspic in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p75
Reviews for Apricot Aspic
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review