- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Streusel Muffins
Sort By :
Light & full of flavor.
These muffins came out delicious..the whole family loved them. They're a great way to get kids to eat apples. I did add pecans to a few.
This is a family favorite. We never make the glaze. I use frozen apples if I do not have fresh.
Great without the glaze. I used Rome apples, my favorite baking apples.
I made the muffins without the glaze and they were amazing. I would call them mini coffee cakes, so dense and moist from the apples. I will try them with nuts next time. I love finding new apple recipes, I am crazy for apples.