For a melt-in-your-mouth delicious main course at your next event, try these super-tender boneless ribs from our Test Kitchen. They’re treated to a sweet apple juice, brown sugar and herb combination that’s sure to have folks asking for seconds.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 5 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain pork, discarding marinade in bag. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes on each side. Baste with some of the reserved marinade. Grill 20-25 minutes longer or until ribs are tender, turning and basting occasionally.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled ribs in heavy-duty foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place foil packet on a baking sheet and open packet. Reheat in a preheated 350° oven for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Country Ribs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p47
Reviews for Apple Country Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review