Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin Recipe
I love making this slow-cooked dish for chilly fall dinners with my family—the comforting apple-cinnamon aroma fills our whole house. The pork roast tastes even better served with homemade mashed potatoes.—Rachel Schultz, Lansing, Michigan
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; cool slightly. With a paring knife, cut about sixteen 3-in.-deep slits in sides of roast; insert one apple slice into each slit.
- Place half of the remaining apples in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Place roast over apples. Drizzle with honey; top with onion and remaining apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork and apple mixture; keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork and apple mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >