Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; cool slightly. With a paring knife, cut about sixteen 3-in.-deep slits in sides of roast; insert one apple slice into each slit.
- Place half of the remaining apples in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Place roast over apples. Drizzle with honey; top with onion and remaining apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork and apple mixture; keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork and apple mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin(1)
Sort By :
Made this for dinner last night and we were blown away by how good it is. I followed the ingredients except I substituted a regular white onion for the red onion.. I cooked mine longer in the crock pot than was recommended, the pork shredded rather than sliced and was a bit dry but was remedied by the delicious juice left in the pot. I followed Rachel's recommendation and served it with mashed potatoes. It was a meal worthy of Thanksgiving. Thank you Rachel for a wonderful recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >