Apple Butter Pork with White Beans
This enticing dish is an entire dinner with meat, vegetables and beans, wonderful to come home after I've run the kids around to activities all afternoon. The apple butter with the pork is yummy and perfect for fall! —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 12 ounces fresh baby carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each ) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Place carrots and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown roast on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine apple butter, vinegar, mustard, garlic, remaining salt and pepper; pour over pork and vegetables. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted into pork reads 145°, 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Add beans to slow cooker; cook, covered, on high until heated through, about 30 minutes. Serve sliced pork with bean mixture.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup bean mixture: 314 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Apple Butter Pork with Carrots and White Beans in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019