A cookie-like crust holds the sensational filling of cream cheese, apples and almonds. This comforting torte, will be welcomed addition to a bake sale or potluck.—Sheila Swift, Dobson, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in flour and vanilla until blended. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Pour over crust. In another large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°; bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over top; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Apple Bavarian Torte in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p70
Reviews for Apple Bavarian Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2015
"YUM! YUM! YUM! This torte has become a favorite desert!"
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2013
"Made this exactly as written. Not only tasted great but made a nice presentation."