My daughter loves to help me make this moist, herb roasted turkey. Her job is to hand Mommy the ingredients—if she doesn't eat them first! —Kimberly Jackson, Gay, Georgia
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1 turkey (14 pounds)
- 1 medium apple, quartered
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1 celery rib, halved
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup apple jelly, warmed
- Combine sage and rosemary. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub herbs under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Stuff turkey with apple, onion and celery. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Brush with apple jelly. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before removing toothpicks and carving. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Apple & Herb Roasted Turkey in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p14
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple & Herb Roasted Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review