Appetizer Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sliced bread, toasted and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash paprika
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems; measure 1/2 cup (discard any remaining stems or save for another use). In a skillet, saute chopped mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are tender and mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Add toast cubes, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper, thyme and paprika; mix well. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 1 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Appetizer Stuffed Mushrooms(3)
Sort By :
I found you needed a few more mushrooms to use as stuffing. I also cooked the veggies very well to prevent sogginess. and the bread cubes I made VERY tiny...Delish
I made a dish using portabello mushrooms,swiss cheese,sharp cheddar, and garlic. They were yummy and filling!
This recipe looked good. . . The bread cubes were soggy and the best I can say is that the recipe was totally bland.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >