- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, extract and melted chips. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, melt chips and cream over low heat, stirring occasionally. Spread over filling. Sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate at least 1 hour longer before cutting. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Truffle Brownies in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p29
Reviews for Almond Truffle Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
These are amazing! Very rich and decadent and everyone loves them! I used homemade brownies instead of a mix, and left the nuts out of the dough, but they still turned out great.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2009
that looks extremely delicious!!!!!