My neighbors look forward to getting my gifts of these chocolate-covered cookies. They're such a cinch to make. —Ginger Chatfield, Muscatine, Iowa
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, chocolate syrup and extracts until well blended. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. log.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 20 minutes.
- Transfer baked logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti; let stand until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Freeze option: Freeze undrizzled cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. Drizzle with baking chip mixture as directed. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Chocolate Biscotti in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p51
Reviews for Almond Chocolate Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review